Friday, December 30, 2016

NEW YEAR | NEW PERSPECTIVE






"Therefore, if anyone
is in Christ, the new
creation has come.

The old has gone, the
new is here!"
(2 Corinthians 5:17)

    



Well, you've weathered the busyness of the holidays. Now it's time for New Year'sresolutions. I'm not talking about the losing weight, more exercise sort. I'm referring to renewing your heart. What can you do this year to become more Christ-like? Who can you bless?

Consider for a moment your weak spots. Come, now. We all have them. One of mine, for instance, is patience...or lack of, I should say. I find I lose patience when things don't happen on my time schedule, or the way I hope. Often I grow frustrated and tire of waiting.



Writing requires huge chunks of time--time I often don't have. Life just seems to get in the way. It's then I have to remind myself the Lord is in control. It's His time schedule I need to be concerned with. He wants the best for us. We can trust Him to work things for our good.

This year it is my prayer that, instead of growing impatience when obstacles come, I'll take my frustrations to the Lord and allow Him to show me how to spend my time His way. It's all His time anyway, isn't it? It's all in our perspective.

When our plans get interrupted, we need to see it as an opportunity. How can I use this interruption as an opportunity to serve the Lord? Instead of fuming over interruptions to your plans, look for ways to make a difference in someone's life.

~Pray for those who cross your path.

~Consider your time God's time.

~Be committed to making each day count for Christ...no matter what He sends your way.


Blessings to you in the New Year!



Read more of Cynthia's work at: http://puttingonthenew.com/author/cynthiaroemer/

View Cynthia's full website at: http://cynthiaroemer.weebly.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment