"Give, and it will be given to you.
A good measure, pressed down,
shaken together and running over,
will be poured into your lap."
RAK - Random Acts of Kindness. We've all heard of them. Once in a while they break through the myriad of bad news--the murders, kidnappings, jail breaks, natural disasters, political turmoil, civic unrest--and bring a bit of sunshine into our lives. Like the 19-year-old waiter who recently received a $1000 tip because he took time to visit with a customer.
In a world where wrong seems right and right seems wrong, we need these rays of hope to spur us on. Each of us has the choice to make this world a better place, or a more bitter one. Even small acts of kindness can make a world of difference in another person's life.
Want to help brighten up your corner of the universe? Here's my top 20 ways to make the world a better place!
20) Attend your child's activities
19) Be an informed voter
18) Send your spouse flowers
17) Visit a shut-in
16) Call your parents and thank them for raising you
15) Contact a Congressman to express your feelings on an important issue
14) Make someone laugh
13) Prepare a meal for a grieving family
12) Send a care-package to someone in the military
10) Comfort a hurting friend
9) Speak words of encouragement to a flustered store clerk
8) Invite a non-Christian neighbor over for a cook out
7) Volunteer at a crisis pregnancy center or homeless shelter
6) Hug a child
5) Open your home to a missionary or someone in need
4) Tell someone you love them
3) Sacrifice something you want for someone else's sake
2) Share your faith
How many on the list have you tried? What other ways can you suggest to make our world a better place to live? I'd love to hear your suggestions.
Read more of Cynthia's work at: Putting on the New Blog
View Cynthia's full website at: http://cynthiaroemer.weebly.com/